11.17.2010

Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3

For a while now, Tessa has been repeating things we say (anyone remember this?) ... usually it was immediately after we said them. But her elephant-like memory is shining through to a greater degree — for better or for worse.

Last night, I said "no" to her about something, and she responded with:
"You don't say 'no' to me, Mommy."

Uh, excuse me, little girl?

After explaining parent-child roles and breaking it to her that Mommy and Daddy have all authority and ultimate control (yeah, I know, good luck with that, right?) I'm hoping she got the message. She ended our little heart-to-heart with:
"Sorry, Mommy, I said 'no'."

I'm sure she'll conveniently forget this conversation ever happened. Once she can read, I'll refer her to this post.

We had the first parent-teacher conference for her 2 room last week. Tessa is doing very well. Her teacher's only issue is that she often has to say, "Tessa, you're not the teacher."

:)

We saw this coming.

1 comment:

Aunt Tam said...

I love the "Tess you are not the teacher" comment- I am just about falling off my chair laughing !